Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Beautiful Seattle

Now, I have to admit, I do my fair share of complaining about the gray days here in Seattle, but give me a beautiful sunny day and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! I have to say, Seattle is one of the most beautiful cities. Last weekend, with my bud Lena in town, we enjoyed some rare sunny weather and got out to see the sites. Although we've lived here almost three years now, there are still many things to see.
We visited the Olympic Sculpture Park in downtown Seattle -a great thing to do on a sunny Sunday afternoon. For those who haven't done so, I highly recommend it. One goal of mine this year (a full list of my new year to do's coming soon) is to see some of the great sites here in the Pacific Northwest. A few sites on my short list this year ...
1. Skagit Valley Tulip Festival
2. Victoria & Butchart Gardens
3. Olympic National Park
4. San Juan Islands
5. Mt. Rainier National Park - Jairo has been here, but I have not.
Even with just these few, I think we'll find ourselves quite busy. If you have a favorite place in the Pacific Northwest that you would recommend we visit, please let us know. As we hit our sites, we'll be sure to share photos.

2 comments:

bryn said...

glad it is lovely there. all of your sights to see look great. i was bummed i wasn't able to be with you and lena, hope you guys had a ball. the kids keep asking about ethan. (where is he, what is he doing, can we go over to his house, etc. etc. etc.) chat later!

The Vause's said...

I got your blog from Kedra's Blog, so I hope you don't mind. We did a bit of site seeing before we had Ryan and one place that was pretty fun was Leavenworth, WA. It's that "Bavarian" town on the other side of Stevens Pass. I think that they usually have music festivals there in the summer.